Tuesday, October 28, 2014

More "never agains"

Let's start with any newsperson in the field (not "on the ground" {that's been banned}) who answers the talking head's question with the word, absolutely. Next one is double down. That's when you (politician) say something stupid and when you're challenged by the ludicrous nature of what you said, you show the voting public you're a person of substance and you mean what you say. So not only did you mean what you said yesterday, stupid or not, you double down on your own stupidlity because that's a trustworthy trait for a politician who won't won't change- because change is perceived as weakness.

I am hopeful that the POTUS's patented "ground game" comes out of the woodwork and fucks with all the pundits one more time, next week. Just about every poll says that will not happen. More outside money is being poured into races to make sure that the person on the ballot you want to vote against is the President.

Having said that, I think the time is long past where the voting public has an alternative to the two party system and the manner(s) in which they use the system to ensure that true independent voices are never heard. Money is a good silencer. An adoring media is another way to shitspeak the very notion of publicly funded elections and equal treatment to somebody with something other than a D or an R behind their names and titles. When you break down the numbers behind the numbers, it is clear that any system that has the approval of less than 10% of the eligible voting population should be scrapped. ---palpable sigh---

Will Kansas City stave off the Giants in game 6? I'd love to see it. I root for a team that used to be where the Royals were and it pleases me to see how the Royals were built and the patience that was shown in those players. That's the way it should be. The Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox are prime examples of franchises that generate so much revenue, that they can go out every off season and buy the players they think will put them back in the World Series. There are notable exceptions of course and really, those are the teams that people root for. But I do love the Giants too. If they win, and that would be for the 3rd time in five years, that would be.... I'm not going to use that word.

It's smacks of a value system that is being broken down and that systemic failure is what is scaring so many people in this country. If you drive anywhere in this country and believe me I do, when you see potholed roads, crumbling bridges and depressing "same shit every 12 miles on our highway systems", you begin to understand why people don't have a grand view of the future. "Let's see, Arby's, Popeyes, Burger King, McDonald's-- I just can't make up my mind." I guess any of those will do. It's nice to have a country that's a little too slovenly, too bleary eyed and too scared to ask for a referendum that ends the monopoly of road feed that is just no good for us. So, who's it good for? You know. ---another sigh---

Time to get on a ladder and scrape shit out of the gutters. Winter will be here soon and if I don't it will be too late. When it gets all gooey and leafy, that's the stuff you put in your compost bin. The last time I emptied it, although it was 2 years in the making, I had really good black rich soil for my garden. Nothing grew but that's because of global wetting and all the rain that soaked everything. And if that wasn't the culprit, it was probably me. Or Barack Obama. 

Speaking of POTUS and I'll leave it here-- in the interest of simply getting outside your cool groove, Mr President, I think a lot of people would love it if you called a press conference, deliberately opened up your notes (no teleprompter) and just spoke from the heart: 

My fellow Americans.  Just Go fuck yourselves.  
Would you love that??? I would. 


No comments:

Post a Comment