Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Who let the dogs in?

It was probably too much to ask. The sight of Jerry Bremer, Doug Feith, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Kristol and my other favorite neocons returning to nightly media got me thinking about the statute of limitations on lunacy. When you've allegedly sold a country on a war that by most accounts, wasn't necessary; when you've built a case for this war on lie after lie to make it happen; and when the result of that war was and now is causing the middle east to fester once again; and you get another 15 minutes to justify these follies and actually recommend new follies- and the MSM or LSM invites you to come on their shows and start this shit all over again, well need I say more?

People are inherently good. They go about their business, work, play, worship and socializations. Most do the best they can, raise their kids, largely, play by the rules and struggle sometimes even though those rules are set by people who benefit from them more than the people I'm talking about.

We know all about who let the dogs out. Who let them back in?

I think the average person wants to see people of privilege (earned or otherwise) be held accountable if they make decisions that costs lives, money and causes misery to people we'll never meet.

This has been bothering me lately. I wonder if it bothers you too. Even if it did, aren't we all feeling a little bit helpless about how our lives get affected by people who by virtue of a title, get to screw up the lives of so many others?

The sky is blue, though. I just checked my limbs and fingers and toes and I still have them all. I will eat today. I have a bed to sleep in, clothing to wear. I don't take that stuff for granted. But like a lot of people, I have a real sense of resentment when I see people in charge of things in my life, that are flat incompetent.

I think that part sucks. 

So vote.
And don't buy products that the Koch brothers make.

No song is humming through my head today. That's almost a first. Unless it was the Beatles song from the White Album, I'm So Tired. Ooops there's always one or two, I guess. 

Be well. Tell somebody you love them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment