Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ending baseball purgatory: Day 2

Well, the Cubs won yesterday and begin today in the rarified air of being only 9 games under .500. They are playing the Pittsburgh Pirates who are not having a great year. You cannot get into first place even with a winning streak. You have to win every series you play for a long time. When you're in last place, you have to jump over the team you're chasing one at a time. Even though they will be trading people in the coming weeks, I see signs of some sort of resurgence. My friends and family think I'm crazy but if you will, follow along and let's see if I'm right. I've been a baseball fan for over 50 years. Fan is short for fanatically delusional.

And think, it keeps from writing about, well--- you know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment