Monday, June 23, 2014

Talking Revolution?

It is inconvenient to occupy the same space on earth when there are Dick Cheneys and Bobby Jindals running around.

The former Vice President has doubled down on his view of what is causing the implosion in Iraq. The current Governor of Louisiana has decided that he cannot live in a world where religion is so constantly under attack by left wing atheists and by god, there's an armed rebellion coming, if that's what it takes to restore god and decency to this country. 

Alas, my dreams of a Cub resurgence is probably not going to happen. My friend was at a Cardinal game and saw a guy's t shirt with the caption: Get real Cubbies. It ain't happening for another 105 years.

Tim Howard has been pretty good for the US at the world cup. I'd bet he'd l;like to have Portugal's first goal back.

The Dow Jones averages are threatening to crack the 17,000 point mark with a good week. So why is my gut telling me it might not be a bad idea to sell? My one desire is not to be 80 years old and living in a box under the highway somewhere. I've been lucky and fortunate as well, --- so far.


I have a Hungarian Viszla and she's just so fuckin' nutty. The dog crawls up and sits next to me and throws her front legs around my neck and puts her eyeball on right on mine. She actually knows how to initiate a hug. We all need a hug, now and then.

Summer just officially started but it goes fast. Next thing I'll be doing is buying my grandson clothes for first grade. He's a great kid- smart and interesting. 

The Supreme Court, and in my opinion, one of the worst in my lifetime, is deciding 11 pretty crucial cases as they wrap up between now and next Monday. At the top of the agenda will be the Hobby Lobby case. It may mark the height of an activist court, which during his confirmation, Justice John Roberts indicated that he did not care for the court to engage in this type of stances. I just think Citizens United was one of the most bitter pills.

So as we say, "watch this space." 

As I was having coffee this morning, The muzak was playing Les McCann and Eddie Harris's Compared to What. Originally it was done at the Montreaux Jazz fest nearly 50 years ago. Treat yourself by checking it out wherever you can find it. The whole room had a different vibe when it was playing. Monday's can be tough. Sometimes a little music is just what we need to balance things out.

Have a good day. Hug somebody--- before my dog does.


No comments:

Post a Comment