Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chillin'

I don't care what Phil Robertson said. I'm about the same age as he is and there is an amendment to the Constitution that allows him to say what he wants. I admit to being a recent viewer (not follower) of Duck Dynasty. I get why it has appeal. Robertson's employers didn't like what he said and they suspended him from the show. They've probably stopped taping episodes for awhile- that's why he's giving interviews to GC. I have a recurring theory. Once somebody becomes famous- or famous as we think of the term, it is only a matter of time until they say something in an unguarded moment that gets them in trouble.

I'm texting with my son who plays the doppleganger game with me on occasion. His for the day: Omer Asik (Houston Rockets, center), and Judge Reinhold. Well, that just started backs and forths from Fast Times At Ridgemont High.  If Ray Walston comes up for discussion, just remember, before he was Mr. Hand, he was Uncle Martin in My Favorite Martian.

I am a businessman and in this season of giving, I can only buy so many bottles of Grey Goose to give to customers as a thank you for their business. So, I make CD mixes for a few of them; actually more than a few. It's not that any have given up drinking, but they prefer the mixes and have actually called to ask if I remembered them this year (of course). With apologies to Harry and David, music plays all year. Their partially enjoyed fruit is in the compost bin 3 days later. Ah, Ah- love Harry and David. Love them. A Pear a day, keeps the NSA away.

Yesterday one mix had the following artists:
Bessie Smith
Tom Waits
Susan Tedeschi/Derek Trucks
Maria Muldaur/Blue Belle Barker
Shel Silverstein
Blind Lemon Jefferson*
Government Mule
Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings
The Blasters
Patsy Cline
Dee Clark
Infamous Stringdusters
Dave Van Ronk
Squirrel Nut Zippers
John Prine
Les McCann and Eddie Harris

 *Black Snake Moan  takes a little courage to listen to.

There is a rumor that the Georgia Public Schools are woefully short on Janitorial workers. Newt Gingrich and Jack Kingston are doing the hiring. Hit em' on their cells.

Todays's humstle:
Asleep at the Wheel w'friends- Faded Love

Be well my fiends and as always, thanks for checking on me. Mom and Dad appreciate it when they're out of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment