Monday, October 13, 2014

less than 30

There are less than 30 days before the most important midterm elections that I can remember. I would ask my readers to vote their most relevant self interests. If I were running for office, I would state what I'm for, not what I'm against. Of course this no longer happens in races for elective office. Whatever your influence is within your own world, please take time to figure out what you're for and communicate that to however many people are in your sphere of influence. Especially, my message goes to young voters. You will hold the key to this election, either by your participation or lack thereof. 
What are YOU for? 

Where we are today is relevant all the way down to local races- those in your communities, your states. There is an old saying 'all politics is local.' Never has that been more true. You probably know how I feel if you've read any of my posts. I'm mentioning no names or party affiliations. I'm not referring to any specific laws or policy that is at stake.

Voting is one of the most precious resources we've been given. You can readily see what the stakes are in terms of laws, policy and quality of life. take all the other side and back stories out of it. It is repeatedly being demonstrated that races are getting closer and closer in each election and the fact that your vote is cast can definitely make the difference between something you want to see happen and something(s) that you do not. If you don't participate, you have little to no right to complain about the election results.

 The negativity that is so pervasive is a tactic to bore you, wear you down and convince you that 'you' don't matter
Another shopworn but important thing to remember: Garbage in, garbage out.
The stakes are high- and they DO matter. Do what matters to you.

Thanks  

No comments:

Post a Comment