Saturday, December 28, 2013

Some ignorance---No bliss.

Yesterday, I preambled a view of the underground American economy. During this I pointed out the ways that some people are trying to survive chronic under or unemployment and some of their methods. I pointed this out because it was in the context of the 'makers vs takers' nonsense and my general unhappiness with income disparity and social inequality.  

It all sounded pretty high and mighty. However, I highlighted the "illegal aspects" of the survival side and that was one sided and ignorant. When I become aware of having said something dumb, it keeps me up at night. Changing history is like looking up a dead elephant's ass. Can't be done.  

So for all the folks who are in the same pickle of inequality, but are working for barter, cash or other survival tools--- and doing it legally--- and to all my readers, I apologize and regret the flyover. When you make a mistake, it's wise to point it out, try what you can to redress it and strive not to repeat it. 

I'm not looking for a mulligan. I'll play it where it lies.  

I love doing this. So I will skulk a little today and look in the mirror during the quality control meeting.  And I will get better it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment