Thursday, December 26, 2013

Best thing I've said all day------

My karma ran over my dogma.

And floating into my consciousness, of all people. today's humstle:

Grace Jones- Nightclubbing.

I hope everybody's Christmas was enjoyable. Since our dogs did a number on all post meal turkey on Thanksgiving, we decided to reprise it yesterday. First a brine of vegetable stock, garlic, shallot, peppercorns, allspice berries and candied ginger. Cooked up moist and tender and since all the butcher had left was a 21 pounder, plenty of leftovers.

I was thinking about the 10 things we need to talk about, but clearly don't want to and maybe I'll tackle some of them in the New Year. I won't tell you when so there will be no opportunity to boycott this blog that day. Until you start reading, that is.

Three people in my small family circle are either un or under employed. Further they do not have health insurance. One of these folks is not a fan of our current President or his signature legislation. Therefore, when it was time to look into that, he saw the name in front of the -----care and wasn't going to do anything that had "his" name on it. He now will have a serious hernia condition surgically repaired this week and the cost of such a procedure in the state he lives in will probably be about $10,000.00. Pearls before Swine? Pride before a fall?

How many stories in your family or circle of important people??

Have a wonderful day. They go by fast you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment