Monday, November 18, 2013

Tornadoes, Cheneys and Music- Oh My!

We were in the great Steel City this weekend, paying tribute to our dear friends' band, THE CAUSE-  who celebrated their 10th year anniversary with maybe over 300 of their closest and dearest friends at a local Pittsburgh bar. And even the Steelers won yesterday so it was kind of like the daily double of happy. Us driving home, however, was not quite so much. We dodged numerous tornadoes along the I-80 corridor from Ohio to Illinois. The skies were unbelievable in the radical changes it underwent, minute by minute. Our prayers go out to those who lost their lives and homes. Great music, great times and great friends.

I read the comments of the former CEO of Blackwater Security, Erik Prince. He is a little unhappy with the "cold and timid souls" who merrily live their lives and don't understand the need for vigilance in a nasty world. So, Erik, I guess when Blackwater faced unwanted scrutiny and indictments for your vigilance, it became Xe Corporation. And when trouble and continued allegations of an unsavory scope, followed Xe, it ceased to be a U.S. corporation, reforming under the name Academi. It's corporate Charter is allegedly in the United Arab Emirates. I'm sure it was "cold and timid souls" who made your life miserable. You can change your name, but trouble will follow you anyway. Even over to that bastion of democracy, the UAE. I'll bet your tax situation is better.

Scott Walker of Wisconsin thinks the next GOP nominee must be a governor. I am compiling a little list of gubernatorial "achievements" by these potential nominees. Stay tuned.

I am starting a fund. It's the "make the Cheneys go away." Got a dollar? I'll bet we could start a PAC that just might have a few bucks in it.

Rob Ford wants to be Prime Minister of Canada someday. I want to be Roy "Tincup" McAvoy. See the similarities?

Speaking of PACS, check out Puppet PAC.

By 2050, there will be more people over 65, than UNDER 14. I think I'll be dead, but maybe some of you won't.

I thought about:
Joyce Randolph
Edward Bear
Nap Lajoie
John Nance Garner
Lenny Bruce
Loretta Young
Miley Cyrus (No, I didn't) (OK, yes I did)
Sir Alexander Fleming
Fred Rogers
"Jungle" Jim Rivera
Did you?

RIP- Doris Lessing - You were huge!

Please hum or whistle along:

Bruce- Brilliant Disguise  (It must be great to only have to be referred to by one name) {Shut up Donovan and Adele}
Charlie Byrd and Stan Getz- Desifinado
Lonnie Donegan- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On the Bedpost Overnight
NRBQ- RC Cola and a Moon Pie
Yellowjackets- Out of Town.

I have long been interested in the whole Doppleganger thing. I may drop a few in from time to time. If you're interested, it may require you to compare photos of the two people mentioned. That is, if you really give a shit.
The tease- Actor Jeremy Renner/Pitcher Jake Peavy.

Live with love and purpose. And try not to be a dick today.











                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment