Friday, January 17, 2014

Dear Phil

 Short one today. Work has precluded writing. But----

As if I actually know Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC, but, Phil if you're listening, I think the constant coverage of Chris Christie is whiny bullshit. Your network is trying to imitate FOX and that turns my stomach.

There's an old saying about when someone you don't particularly care for is in trouble. "If he was on fire in the street, I wouldn't walk across that street to piss on him and put him out." That's how I feel about it anyway. Chris Christie is burning all by himself. It's a big fire that doesn't need more gasoline poured on it. Our charred hero is at Ken Langone's (One of the founders of The Home Depot) house in Florida this weekend, meeting with nervous mega donors. Horrors, where will they spend their money if Chris is seen as non viable?

I think New England will beat Denver. Brady is is in Peyton's head and that may make a difference. Especially if New England can run the ball. Seattle is 3 1/2 over the 49ers, but that should be a great game.

 A happy 60th birthday bash to my buddy Sherri in Pennsylvania. I cannot tell you how many people I know (including me) that are shocked we made it to 60- or beyond. Is it all gravy? I figure I'm playing the 13th hole. But golf analogies are not in dog years.

Have a great weekend and put the gas can away. Today's humstle is Billy Joel's, We Didn't Start The Fire




No comments:

Post a Comment